Terms and Conditions
mesitus.space is owned by and operated by Mesitus (“Mesitus”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
1. How will my personal information be collected?
We may collect personal information you voluntarily submit to mesitus.space (the “website”):
- Register or use mesitus.space
- Contact Mesitus by email or social media.
- Complete any forms for transactions, employment or other purposes.
2. What personal information may be collected?
In addition to personal details such as your name, address, email, phone number (optional) we may also collect:
- Details of transactions or orders you make at Mesitus on our website.
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products.
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
- Details of when you contact Mesitus by email, post or social media (please note that we may keep a record of this correspondence)
- Any other information from which we can identify you, or which is available on public registers
With your permission, we retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, post and/or through other digital means (including social media) about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by Mesitus.
3. How will my personal information will be used?
We may also use your information to:
- Maintain and update your account details if you set up an account via our website (e.g. a change to your address, order information or marketing preferences).
- Improve and tailor the content and appearance of the website to ensure that the most relevant content is presented to you.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we offer.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries
- To provide you with user support and notify you about the changes in our services and policies.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
4. Where and how will my information be shared?
We do not sell any of your personal data to third parties. However, whilst providing our services to you, we share your data with the following categories of companies:
- Companies involved with the payment and logistics of your purchase, such as payment service providers (PayPal and Stripe), our suppliers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as website hosts and communication agencies.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, in an effort to prevent fraud.
- Third party sites approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
5. How long will my personal information be kept for?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Please note that different retention periods apply for different types of data. Once data reaches its disposal date it will be deleted from our systems, physically destroyed or put beyond use if not permanently deleted.
6. What rights do I have relating to my personal information?
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- Be informed about how your personal information is being used
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request a change to the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we delete your data, stop collecting or processing it
- Unsubscribe from marketing communications
- Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
7. How can I unsubscribe and/or request a change to my personal information?
You may request to unsubscribe from our communications or have your details changed or deleted by contacting us via email@example.com
You may also unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email. Please also note that while your request is being processed, for a brief period you may continue to receive communications which are already on their way to you.
8. Credit/Debit card transactions
Your full card details are not recorded or stored in our database. We collect only the final four numbers of your credit or debit card along with the expiry date and cardholder name to enable you to select that card when making future purchases. They are encrypted and are transferred securely to one or more third party payment service providers for immediate authorisation. Once we have received authorisation from the payment service provider we will confirm your order.
10. Job applications
By providing us with personal data contained in your job application form and/or resume you are giving Mesitus the consent to processing your details for work-finding purposes.
The Conduct Regulations state that candidates’ application forms and CVs must be kept for at least one year from the date of their creation and at least one year after the date on which you last provided services to the company.
The Asylum & Immigration Act states that copies of any documents (e.g. Passports & Right to Work Visas) must be kept for at least three years after an employee ceases employment.
12. International transfers
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
We do not use any kind of third-party Display Ads on our website in order to keep your experience seamless and clean.
15. Our ‘share’ tools
We know you love to share content we have on mesitus.space. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don’t control the setting of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
16. Sensitive personal information
17. Children’s information
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mesitus via email@example.com
Last updated 13 November 2018